Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God Will Take Care of You

One of my substitute jobs last week was in a local high school, in a classroom of ELL (English Language Learners) students. There were only two sudents in one of the classes and neither of them was too intent on doing the lesson. The younger of the two, a freshman, told me that his friend, a senior girl, was sick. When I asked her what was wrong, she reluctantly told me that she had just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. And, that she was scared.
I told her God had wanted me, a cancer survivor, to be in that classroom today so that I could talk to her. We talked about being strong and how she needed to have a fierce mental attitude in order to fight the disease. I tried to be very positive, but it was obvious that she was a very frightened young lady.
Then, I told her that I would ask all of my friends, everywhere, to pray for her. I said I knew a lot of prayer warriors, in a whole lot of places, who would pray for her, even if they didn't know her. She liked the thought of that and it made her smile.
So, I am asking you to pray for Olga. She needs healing of her body and the strength to fight this battle.

Dear God. Where you lead me, I will follow. Give me the words to help others see your strength and goodness. Grab onto Olga and hold her tight in your healing arms. Give her faith and courage. She's going to need it.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Olga got a prayer outta me. My sister got cancer right out of high school and it's a tough thing.
You guys are welcome to come up anytime, but I promise I'm nothing but nice to Mrs. James. Have a great week!