Monday, July 19, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-changes

I'm blogging a day early this week. We've veered off track on our regular routine at the Kincaid Household. My normal day for blogging is Tuesday. Tuesday is also trash day, but I fail to see a correlation between garbage and my writing.
My mother-in-law was the queen of routine. Rosann did everything according to schedule. She had a set routine for what she and Bill ate every day. Saturday was hamburgers, Friday was Pizza, etc. Monday was wash day, Tuesday she ironed. (OMGOODNESS, I don't even know where my iron is...or if I still have one?)
I would like to think that I don't have a schedule. If asked, I would tell you that I'm a non-routine kind of woman. A free spirit! But in reality, I am a schedule follower. My red appointment book has become my second brain. Ask me, and I can tell you what I'm scheduled to do on Thursday October 28th of 2011.
But, this week things are different. I am helping out my daughter-in-law, Jennifer, with the care and keeping of baby Linnea. So, I am staying at their Brookside home for the next couple of days.
This change in routine is indeed a blessing.

Wow, Lord. Babies move really fast these days. And, I want to tell you that being a grandma is the greatest title in the world. Thank you for allowing me to be a grandma. Help me to always be able to "change" my routine enough to allow new experiences and blessings to happen. Change is helping me grow in my theology. Change helps me to let go and let YOU lead.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I've found that my schedule now revolves around Macy. Swim lessons, piano, dance, girl scouts, and I think she goes to school too..?...So when someone ask what I'm doing I check her schedule.
I've tried several times to "follow" your blog but apparently I'm not a follower! :) (it takes me to an error page) My blog address is www.jamesganginkearney.blogspot.com Stop by and critique my writting when you get a chance.