Monday, February 22, 2010

"Oh the weather outside is frightful...."

Well, not really. Last night it certainly was. Yesterday morning it was. But, now the sun is making the ice and snow glisten. PTL.
I am up to my chin in Prayer Shawls and baby blankets. Women's Division is planning a huge display of these handcrafted items at the April Assembly in St. Louis. The powers that be (Women's Division, in NYC) want me to locate places to distribute the amassed articles in Missouri. I'm creating a list. Could be that there will be up to 10,000 items.Let me know if I can add your non-profit or Church to the list.
A couple of years ago, when I was in the throws of chemotherapy and couldn't hold my head up off the couch, I received several prayer shawls. My friend, 'nother Nancy, sent me one. I received a beautiful pink one, and the ladies at Liberty UMC, gave me a handcrafted quilt. Each one is a treasure. The prayers and love sent to me, through those items, were a big factor in my recovery.
At our last church home, there were several of us who regularly hand knitted or crocheted shawls for the congregation's needs. If you have the skills, it's a blessing to be a part of a Prayer Shawl Ministry.
We never know how we will touch others. Prayer is powerful and God is good.

No comments: