Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The times they are a Changin'....fast

For the first time in 12 years, the Kincaids are not preparing for a Church Christmas Cantata. Scott resigned from his choir director job at Kearney FUMC on Sunday night, following a meeting with our Pastor and the head of the PPR. By Tuesday morning the news was published in the Church Newsletter and now by today, Wednesday, every trace of our mission in Kearney has been deleted from the FUMC Web Page.
Now, I hope I am not sounding bitter, because I'm not. We had a great run in Kearney. I am proud of the work Scott did Kearney, both as Music Director and as a Sunday School teacher. Most people did appreciate him and he has received dozens of complimentary emails regarding his service. But,I have been in church work long enough to know that there isn't a soul out there that can't be replaced. And, apparently very quickly.
Yesterday, I went up to retrieve our things from the Choir Room. As I struggled to load the stuff in the car (there was a 40 pound hand carved music stand to lift)the staff in the office who saw me, didn't offer to help. It was kind of, so don't let the door hit your backside going out, girlfriend!
Readers, if you know of a place where a couple of harding working, Kansas City United Methodists can pray, teach and sing, let me know. We're in the market for a new church.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Just wanted to let you know I found your blog...thanks to directions from Scot. You're already missed very much.