Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful...."

My daughter in D.C., has twenty or so inches of snow to deal with this week. My son in New Jersey, has around eleven. We have none. For that, I am very thankful. My girlfriend in Iowa, is bracing for yet another round of winter weather. She says when they have snow in November, it's Spring until they see the ground not covered in white.
Just another example of Global Warming, Al.
Sure hope you are all ready for Christmas. I am, I think. Of course, no one ever gets "everything" done, but I am satisfied that this year I have done my best. Our two youngest children and their spouses will join us for opening presents and brunch on Christmas Day. Our new granddaughter will be here, also. The out-of town presents were mailed last week and the Christmas Cards have been sent. The food for the feast has been purchased.
Scott and I visited Central UMC, last Sunday, and it was a really nice service, and people were friendly. We think we will go there on Christmas Eve, after we view the luminari in Coleman Highlands along Southwest Traffic Way.
Merry Christmas everyone, and blessings on your New Year. God bless us, everyone.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Merry Christmas to you two also! We've got five family get togethers between now and Sunday. The driving is not so fun but...the FOOD! :)