Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Paddy's Day in NYC

I love parades. I'm the nut in back of you at those events that claps and screams for every band, every float and every horse. WOO, HOO! My thought is that if people are going to go to all the work to participate in a parade, then I am going to thank them for it. Yeah!
So this year we were in NYC for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. It went on for hours and there were thousands of green faced, green haired, and green bodies everywhere. Would you believe I was wearing red?
We loved the fun and festivities.
While in NYC, I attended a planning session for the 2010 Assembly of Women's Division, which is scheduled for April 2010 in St. Louis. The Staff at 475 Riverside Drive (affectionately known as the God Box) were so friendly and welcoming. I felt right at home with those ladies. Harriett Olson introduced herself saying that she worked for ME (Us...ladies of UMW.) How gracious is that?
After, the meeting I hailed another cab and returned to my hotel. Then, it hit me. I owe UMW, so very much. My lengthy involvement in UMW, and the opportunites it has given me to grow, is the reason that I can confidently hail cabs, speak in front of thousands of people, write this blog, and testify to my FAITH in Jesus Christ.
Amen, sisters.
PTL.

1 comment:

Amy Kincaid said...

OMGoddess. You are the cutest mom and leader ever. Your favorite daughter. This week.