Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year's Plans

I'm not in the habit of making "New Year's Resolutions". It's not my thing. However, I always have a list of projects that I plan to do as soon as January appears on the calendar.
For my first project of 2009, I plan to create a new Address Book. I'm writing here about the old fashioned paper kind of address book. Believe it or not, I still take time to send a greeting card or write an occassional letter. Now, our old family and friends address book isn't that old, but boy is it a mess!
I need to create a NEW address book because our friends and family are constantly changing phone numbers. People have land phone numbers, or sometimes land and cell phone numbers, then they drop the land phones and go to only cells. Then they switch back. So, I have lots of cross-outs and added munbers. As a kid, my family had the same phone number for years, 3208R!
Then, there is the issue of changing addresses. Our 4 kids have moved 20 times in the last couple of years. I've used up all of the K space in my current book and now half of the L space is filled with Kincaids. And, Scott and I have been at the same address in KC North, for over thirty years.
Lastly, there is the issue of changing spouses and significant others. (We can't be the only family with this issue.) I actually use my address book to remember the names of the people that my kids are currently married to or presently living with.
So, I'm going to enter information into my NEW address book. Put in the right phone numbers, correct addresses and make sure all of the Mr., Mrs. and Ms notations are correct. However, nothing gets in my NEW address book unless it is written with a #2 pencil. I may love all of my noted friends and relatives, but they aren't going to be permanent!!!!

No comments: