Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stick a Fork In It

Well, one more day and we are finished with 2008. It's done, people. Time to look forward to a glorious, God-given new year. Aren't we blessed to be alive?
Today, I read a newsletter from Women's Division. In it were listed the Women's Division Grants for Special Mission Projects. One that caught my eye was a grant amounting to a couple of thousand dollars for TATOO REMOVAL.
(I told you it caught my eye.) So, being thoroughly stunned, I read further.
Now, here is an aside.......years ago, I proposed that an interesting fund raiser might be temporary UMW tatoos....we could sell them like Mission Ribbon Corsages....well, that was quickly poopooed!
Back to the Tatoo Removal Grant. The Grant went to a group that helped newly immigrated persons, who might have Gang related tatoos(and would like to have them removed) pay for removal, to help them lead more productive and safer lives.
WOW. That's thinking outside the box, fellow UM's.
What an interesting Mission.
And, you pastors think UMW is for little old ladies, who never do anything new! Open hearts, open doors, OPEN MINDS.

No comments: