Tuesday, September 5, 2023

I Did It!!!!!

 My six year old grandson has recently acquired his life-long wish. He can now snap his fingers....both hands. He has been trying to acquire this skill for at least 5 of  his 6 years! His desire to make finger noise has rivaled that of NASA trying to reach the surface of the Moon, or Lewis and Clark attempting to reach the Pacific Ocean. Snapping, for the present, is clearly his crowning achievement. He is so pleased with himself and he now wakes up snapping, and does it, constantly, all day long. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful, if we jaded adults could feel just a teeny bit of this type of  pride, at some new accomplishment? Or, for that matter any accomplishment. After all, some of us have reached an age when we should be thrilled with almost anything we succeed at doing!

Like, how about WOW! I woke up this morning! I am going to have a great day and do something meaningful for myself and others. I will try to live this day, to its fullest.

Oh Yeah. Celebrate the little things. Quit complaining.

...................................................................................................................................................................

All powerful God. We are thankful for fingers that can still snap, at least sometimes. We are blessed every minute, with the breath that you give us. You are our refuge and our strength. 

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...