"Judge Not, ..........."

 As it happened, I recently caught myself in a really poor choice of grammar usage. (I thought about using the word grammarage, but you would know that I made it up.) Well, in describing something that everyone once did, I used the word "useta". As in, "Remember when we "useta do that." OMGoodness, I said to anyone who was listening. Did you hear what I just said? Well, I was aghast!

Fast forward to today. A very nice, older woman was telling me how her grandfather was in the Calvary in WWI. She talked for quite a length of time about a photograph, that she had in her possession, of the fine horse that her grandfather rode in the Calvary. 

Now, had it not been for my recent faux pas, I might have attempted to correct the woman with some snide remark about her grandfather's service in the Holy Land, during the war, on Mt. Calvary. Oh, how I wanted to. But, I didn't. I kept my mouth shut and nodded to express my interest in her story. 

Lesson learned. No one is perfect. Not even a charter member of the North Kansas City Grammar Police.

                                                                 ..............................

Great Lord. Patience is a virtue. So is silence. Please, help us to concentrate on the virtues, of a life well lived. Guide us all down the right path. Remind us (especially me) that Silence is truly Golden.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)