Saturday, April 1, 2023

Caution!!!!!

I heard a quote the other day, that caused me to do some "in-depth" internet research. By "in-depth", I mean, I looked up a few words, then that connected me to something else, then something else, and eventually, I got to something about the Kardashians, so I stopped!!! That's about as deep as my research goes, these days.

The original quote was "Courage is fear ignored". That's good! Whilst doing this "fear" research, I discovered that the word "courage", is almost always linked to the word "fear".  However, in reading all of the many quotes, linking the two words, fear and courage are not actually opposites. Courage is also NOT the absence of fear. It seems that you must have fear or even anxiety, in order to exhibit or not exhibit courage.

Now, upon examining my personality, I realize that I have an appreciation (I would rather not say fear), of a  great many things. For instance, I do not like heights, nor deep, dark places. I'm 5 foot 2 inches, short. It's not like I have had a lot of experience with high places! So, I avoid them, whenever, I can. But, it's not fear that keeps me from climbing mountains or peering down into cavernous crevices. It's, in my opinion, common sense. If pressed, I believe I would have the courage to climb to a high place, or climb down into a cave. But seriously, I would just rather not attempt those things.

Here are two more "fear and courage" quotes, from which you might find inspiration or amusement.

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not the absence of  fear." Mark Twain.

"Faith and fear both demand you believe in something you cannot see. You choose." Bob Proctor

Good and all powerful God: Grant us wisdom. Grant us courage. "Fear not, for I am with you, always...." 






 


1 comment:

Karen said...

Great thoughts, Lady.

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...