Monday, November 21, 2022

I'm Thankful For.......

Church services and elementary classrooms have an unusual thing in common. Around Thanksgiving, both always ask you to share  "What are you are thankful for?" Well, for me, that's extremely unfortunate grammar and an hugely uncomfortable bit of confessing! I hated that assignment, as a kid, and I'm none to fond of it, as an adult.

The truth is, I'm thankful for a multitude of things, however, I'm not comfortable sharing those things, aloud, in a group. Talking, incessantly to friends who will listen, is one thing. In a crowd, however, I'm often silent.

So, here are some things, I wish I could share:

1. I'm thankful that I didn't follow through, with my childhood dream, to become a cowboy. I discovered, quite early, that it was not at all romantic, and I probably would have screwed up my ovaries and never have become a mother of four remarkable adults.

2. I'm thankful that I didn't become a nun. Same reason as above.

3. I'm thankful that I have lived almost long enough, to be an embarrassment to my four children. It is a blessing that, for the most part...so far, most of them think I'm just fine. 

4. I'm thankful for my many life experiences and challenges. The ups and downs, of a long life, make us who we are. Thanksgiving does not always come from abundance, it is built by adversity.

5. I am thankful for my kids, my many grand kids, relatives, good friends and acquaintances. People are, not like the song says, all "crazy".

Good and all knowing God. We may not always express it, but we are thankful.



1 comment:

Karen said...

Please Share This with Everybody!
Thank YOU!!!
Love, Your Much Older and Grateful Sister

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...