Friday, September 9, 2022

REALITY CHECK

 Had any photos taken lately? As I approach, yet another birthday, I find that I am startled by the sudden appearance of a little old grey-haired lady, in all of my recent photos. Frankly, I know it's me, but how did I get this way? I certainly don't feel like an old person, but by golly I must be.

Renewing my Driver's License, required a photo. I've never had a decent photo taken at the DMV, so that one didn't bother me. Deranged and disheveled are what the clerks are aiming for, at that particular agency.

However, the recent Passport Photo, I had taken, was another matter. "Don't smile, or show any teeth", she said. "Take off your glasses and look straight at me." Okay, I followed the instructions, paid for the two photos, and OMGoodness, the worst possible results. That photo won't do much, in identifying me. I wear glasses. I smile. I have teeth! Well, that crabby, unhappy likeness is not the real me.

I believe, that old doesn't just mean how you look, appearance wise. Mostly, I think, it's how one feels inside, that ages a person. I'm healthy and have more blessings than I can count. I try to look forward, not backward. I am enjoying life. It's a new adventure every day.

Dear Lord, thank you for our many blessings. Every morning, you give us the opportunity to improve our lives and the lives of others. Life is good.

 


1 comment:

Karen said...

An Early HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! God bless and keep you!
Love you, YMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...