Thursday, August 11, 2022

"With A Little Help From My Friends"

 I've made a whole lot of decisions, in the past 9 months. Thank the Lord, I have been offered lots of thoughtful and experienced suggestions, from friends and relations, about the most important ones. Decisions regarding money matters and major life-style changes are best made, I am discovering, by asking for the opinions of others. Then, I can sort those out, settle on a decision and move forward. 

Clearing out the clutter, of a lifetime in one house, has been difficult, but I now have numerous empty shelves, three sparsely furnished bedrooms and a relatively clean basement. Thrift stores and the municipal trash service have helped me downsize, in a big way. However, there is more to do.

The biggest obstacle currently standing in my way, is the collection of more than 50 boxes of photographic slide trays, each one full of Kodak slides! I know I should go through all of them, but I can't seem to arrange the time to do it. Okay....I know it's not the time, keeping me from doing it. It's the memories, of course. The slides cover a period, beginning in 1965, through the early 2000s. They've been in their individual storage boxes for decades, and no one has looked at any of them, for at least 20 years. Now, is the time to make a decision.

Or maybe not. You see, I still have the big box of slides my husband inherited from his parents. (Slides were a family thing.) I really don't know how many thousands of slides, are in my possession.  But, I think I owe it to future generations, to do something.

What should I do, with the slides?

a. Sort through, all of them, and have the remaining photos put on a disc or something.

b. Throw all of them out, without looking at them.

c. Leave them for my children to deal with, after I pass on....Suggestions, anyone? Please, let me know.

Good and all knowing God, You are my strength and guide. Help me make the best choices for my journey through this life.




1 comment:

Karen said...

This answer will solve a lot of problems for a LOT of slide Collectors. Please let us know if anybody comes up with a solution. Send the question into some senior magazine.

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...