Platinum Perfection

 About once a year, or so, I get dubbed to perform as a internationally known, famous person. This year is no exception. I say perform, but because this person is instantly recognizable, all I have to do is dress like her, nod occasionally, smile and wave. It's an easy gig.

In order to perform my duties, as this famous personage, I don a curly white wig, prim hat, sensible-closed toe shoes, a vintage pink lace dress (once owned, in the 1950's by a dowdy woman, celebrating something very important) and of course, I always carry a purse. There have been times when I have worn a tiara, instead of a hat. It depends on my mood, and the particular event.

Pretending to be this auspicious person, is loads of fun. This year, I will be the honored guest at an afternoon tea, given to celebrate my character's unbelievable 70 years, working at the same job. 

As we age, my character and me, I am noticing some subtle similarities between us. We are both just over 5 feet in height. We are both widows, have four children, a bunch of grand kids, and share a wicked sense of humor. Whilst out walking, on her property one day, this famous person was asked, by tourists, if she lived in the area? She answered yes. Then they asked her if she had met the royal landowner? She replied no, but that her driver had!

Dear Lord. Thank you for giving us a sense of humor. Help us always to find the blessings of the moment. Living long and working hard is a blessing. Life is sweeter, when we smile.


Comments

Karen said…
Good one, Lady! Why were you writing at that EARLY hour?
I have seen that picture of you in that get-up. Wonderful!
Blessings, YMOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)