Sunday, January 9, 2022

What are you reading?????

Mysteries. When I commit the "Crime of the Century" I do not intend to get caught. Now, believe me, I do not have particular chargeable action in mind, but I'm going to know how to get the deed done, perfectly, when I do. I've read a whole bunch of stories about folks who mess up doing their stabbings, poisonings, etc.

My faves are the standard ones on most every mystery lovers list. I have read all of the published Agatha Christie's, I can find. Sometimes, I have a bit of trouble keeping all of her characters straight, but I have enjoyed them all...some several times. I like the books of P.D. James, and most recently have read her "Mistletoe" short stories. She's very clever.

I can't wait for some new Hallmark Mysteries, to hit the tube. I think I've seen all of the Hannah Swensen and Gourmet Detective shows, at least twice. I also like the Father Brown and Midsommer Murders on PBS. 

Yes, I realize you could call me bloodthirsty or maudlin, so go right ahead. My mystery habit, keeps me off the streets and out of the pokey!

Dear Lord. Life is a mystery, and I do try to enjoy whatever situation comes along. Keep my mind and body on the straight and narrow. I have so much for which to be thankful.  

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm impressed with your Mysterious reads! You might want to try a Mystery Blog!
I like Midsomer Mysteries and Father Brown, too. I think you got me started on them originally. Thanks.
Now, figure our who wrote this...

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...