AND ANOTHER THING......

 I think I will add a new item to my "Life Is Too Short For........list". 

TAKE A CHANCE.....No one likes rejection, but the opposite of rejection is recognition. You'll never know what can happen, unless you try.

I have all of the birth and death dates, that I need, in my Ancestor Search. I have spouse names and children's names, census records, and obituaries. All of this information dates back, on all sides, at least 4 generations. I've done the DNA thing, and visited the hometown library for more data. Thankfully, I've had assistance from an old friend and various relatives. 

Now, I am leaping out onto the Internet, to ask some "story" questions. And, much to my surprise, people, on certain Historical Websites, fired back some terrific answers. People remembered the family homestead at 1029 E. 10th, the nice folks that lived there and their fish pond! Others commented on the small grocery store owned by a great aunt and uncle. They were remembered as a kind couple who sold penny candy to the local kids. One person had worked for them. Other comments included a shout out to my Pittsburg cousins, and a nice remembrance of my own father. 

I have reached out to a local business historian, and although she couldn't find the information, that I was seeking, we discovered we knew some of the same hometown people, and that connection was a real bonus to my research.

I am blessed. What a wonderful journey.

Holy Lord. We must count our blessings. Life is so very, very short. Enjoying the present, along with the past, should be our goal. Your Love endures forever.


Comments

Karen said…
HOW EXCITING!!! Can hardly wait to read about all of these new additions to the Tree!
Thanks for your determination and patience!
Nancy K. said…
What a great family that brought you to me!!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)