Saturday, May 8, 2021

Time after time.

I have a long time friend. When I say that she has been my friend for a long time, I mean it. Our friendship has been very special. 

We began our friendship, across an alley. Now we live hundreds of miles apart, but each and every phone conversation, we have had since, takes up right where we left off, the last time we talked. 

Once, I walked her home, when she fell and broke her arm in front of my house. We considered ourselves pretty great sidewalk skaters, but those metal wheels weren't very flexible, and the concrete was awfully hard. Friends support each other during the bad times.

She shared with me the first air-conditioning, I had ever experienced, in 100 degree summers. We rode our two-wheelers everywhere. And, those friends are there in the comfortable times.

Each of us had one sister, a mother and a father who made us feel loved and cared for. We have shared many thoughts and concerns, for each other, over many years. We are wives. We are mothers. We are grandmothers. We are friends.

Dear God, Thank you. Life must be very hard, without friends. I am blessed.


















2 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friend---I'm certain she feels the same way about you! You are both Blessed.

Nancy K. said...

Wonderful!! (from singerskot)

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...