Cookies

 In corporate America (at least in the middle of the country), office workers are gifted with Christmas Cookies, and other types of sweets. I'm writing about the edible kind of cookies, not the things that appear in computers. I don't know how to explain computer cookies, but I do know they are not to eat and are not a good thing to have in your hard drive.

So, as I look at the counter in our main office, I see: 4 cans of cookies, 3 boxes of Russell Stover Candies, 2 tins of popcorn and a dish of fudge, on a nice plate. Yes, I know that sounds like a song. And, I am not complaining, I am enjoying every bite I take.

What is it about sweets, during the holidays? They're often what we give. We gifted some of our folks with Sunflower Seed cookies, this year. And, sweets are what we expect to receive. So far, we have Danish Kringle, Cranberry Bread and Candy-coated Chex Mix, in our fridge at home.

Of course, if we enjoy those treats, we'll have to do a bit of dieting or at least cut out the sweets, in January. At least that is my current plan. Meanwhile, don't bother me, I'm snacking.

Dear Lord, at Christmas we eat sweet things and we hear sweet music. We remember sweet thoughts of Christmases past and Christmases to come. We praise Your Holy Name.


Comments

Karen said…
We are enjoying the Sunflower cookies as we speak! What a nice surprise!
One of my dear relatives is keeping her mother's legacy alive by making cookies and giving cookie parties every holiday. Sometimes it's an exchange, but, the past few years it has been my dear relative making and GIVING to friends. What a great memory for the recipients!
Thank you for your remembrances of Christmas' past!

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)