Something Old......Something New.

 We lived in Grandview, Missouri, from 1973-1978. Sometime during that span, I made a longish, plaid skirt. I believer they were called Maxi-Skirts, way back then. Long skirts were very popular, once, along with Polyester Leisure Suits and chunky shoes. Sewing was never high on my list of household skills, but if I do say so myself, I did a darn good job of constructing that skirt. I can date the skirt, that far back, because we moved to our current home in 1979, and I remember wearing it, before we moved here.

Well, it occurred to me today, as I donned that very skirt and made my way out the door, that I have been wearing this same skirt, every summer, for nearly 50 years. Stunning revelation. Remembering this, I then racked my brain trying to figure out what else I have, that is as old as my skirt. The only other, really, old thing I have, is my husband.

This month, Scott and I will have been married 55 years. We've had four children, two houses, umpteen cars, nine grand kids and countless blessings. Frankly, the old skirt looks better, for the wear and tear of life, than either of us. But, the three of us are still together.


Good and everlasting God. Your steadfast love endures forever.

Comments

Karen said…
A picture of you and your wonderful skirt would be nice to view here...
What color was it?

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)