Monday, February 24, 2020

Put Me In Coach.

There are times when life throws you a curve ball or two. It happens to all of us. And, of course, curve balls are always hard to catch and to hit. Life has been pitching me nothing but curves.
During the last couple of weeks, I have felt like I have been stuck on the Little League bleacher bench of life, waiting for the last out, of the ninth inning. I won't bother you with the details, so just believe me when I write that the score, of this particular game, has been way, way lopsided. And, not in my favor.
I do not know what sustains you, but Faith is my big fat catcher's mitt. Faith, I believe, is trusting that God will see me through, wherever the ball gets thrown.
So, I'm still in the game, for now. I know that God is ever-present and that things are bound to get better. I'm anticipating a relief pitcher, with a whole new bunch of junk. And soon, I will be able to hit one out of the park.
Hand me the bat!


Dear God, you are our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble.



No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...