Thursday, January 30, 2020

It's all relative.

At work, most residents perceive that I am "the" problem solver. In reality, I cannot solve their problems, I merely have the ability to contact, any number of folks, who may be able to come up with a solution to certain issues. And, after six years of hearing about plumbing problems, I have reached a few conclusions:         
  • The amount of water that is held in the bowl of a toilet or in a toilet tank, for that matter, is relative to the amount that one thinks should be in there.
  • The rate at which a sink drains is relative to the speed that a person expects it to drain (and who stands around watching a sink drain, anyway?).   
  • Proper water temperature and water pressure is relative to the temperature and force desired by each and every individual using that particular faucet. 
Now, those are my observations and conclusions. I mostly keep them to myself, and when confronted with any issues involving plumbing, I do my job. I send for a maintenance person to remedy the situation.........perceived, relative or real.

Dear God. We all have problems....or think that we do. Help us to put our issues in perspective. We praise your Holy Name.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...