Monday, December 16, 2019

The Wisdom of Buddy

It just so happens that my most favorite movies are all considered politically incorrect. And, just like the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercial.........NOT SORRY! So what if "Holiday Inn" has a scene in black face, "Blazing Saddles" makes fun of everyone, including Methodists, and  "The Three Amigos" spoofs the classic "Magnificent Seven"? They are my favorites.
I watched "Holiday Inn", all by myself, three times, last weekend, and I sang along with every song, including the one about "Abraham"! It's a movie, for goodness sake, not a indicator of moral injustice.
Well, I now have a new favorite movie, "ELF". Watching it makes me laugh out loud, at every crazy thing that happens to Buddy the Elf. Along with the laughs come a few wise words of wisdom, that help to make the movie a classic, and a must see at the holiday season. "The best way to spread holiday cheer is singing loud for all to hear." And, "Smiling! That's my favorite."  Both are great Buddy quotes, which makes this movie so much fun.
So, "ELF" has not yet been labeled as politically incorrect, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Someone will surely complain about the Candy Cane Forest (too much sugar) or the SPCN (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Narwhals) will chastise Buddy's cavalier attitude toward Mr. Narwhal.
Such is our modern society.

Dear Lord. thank you for your Son, our Savior. Show us mercy and goodness. Teach us to love and accept everyone.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...