Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"A rose by any other name........"

Every morning, we follow the same routine at our house. We sit at the kitchen table and drink our morning coffee. Scott reads the front section of the local newspaper, and I attempt to complete the New York Times Crossword, located in the other section. (Not too many years ago, there were many more than two sections, for us to read and share, but that's a whole other story.)
The NYT Crossword is located on the last page of the Sports-Classified-TV Guide-Comics Section. It's right next to or sometimes across the page from the "Pets For Sale" section. We don't have a dog, now, nor do I want one. However, that doesn't stop me from occasionally skimming over the breeds and prices of the dogs. (I'm deathly allergic to cats, so I never read about what's available in the feline columns.)
So, as I look down the page, I am often astounded to learn about, yet another, new puppy-mix. Today, it was a Pom Chi! (Pomeranian and Chihuahua) Yesterday it was a Chi Weenie! (Chihuahua and Dachshund) I've read about Morkies and Chorkies, and a whole lot of doodles. Golden Doodles, Peke-Doodles, and Labra Doodles. My colleague told me that these new mixes are called Designer Breeds. I call them MUTTS.
However, since when did Mutts command such high prices? Six hundred to two thousand dollars! I'm agog! Adoption at a local shelter seems so much more sensible. I'll be you can pick up a Poly-Wolly Doodle or a German Shep-orkie for a small donation.

Dear Loving God. You must be amazed at our crazy antics. How do you love us unconditionally?
You are awesome.


No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...