Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Grandma Bell

Everyone knows that I am not a fan of cell phones. It has been suggested, that I am too old understand how they work. That may be true, but in my aged opinion, it just doesn't seem worth my time and effort to learn the intricacies of apps, tweets and tunes. The purpose of a phone is to make phone calls, and I can do that just fine.

In fact, my husband and I are so old fashioned that we continue to pay an old fashioned telephone company (you know their initials) for a land phone. In fact, we have four phones on our archaic phone line. And, since this past weekend, none of them are working. No dial tone. Dead as a door nail!

So, today, which is three days into this saga, I contacted the phone company. It's no problem to contact the above mentioned phone company by computer. They have a lovely web site. Lots of options and easy to navigate. Upon clicking the appropriate button, I was put in touch with Ellen, whose attractive picture advertised that she had 25 years of telephone experience. A message flashed on my screen for me to type my problem. I wrote that we had no land line service at our home and I typed our phone number and our address. She replied by asking me what my problem was, with my smartphone. Again, I wrote that it was our land line. Her reply was to ask the model of my smartphone.

I then asked her, "Can you read, Ellen?" She replied with another question about my smartphone and an offer to let me "talk to a real person for just one dollar, charged to my phone bill. This is a service that I could cancel at any time."

I did not reply or wait for another question, because I sure as heck didn't want to talk to another idiot ...real or electronic.

Bottom line. Still no phone service at the house. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Dear God. I know that patience is a virtue, but does that apply when you are dealing with fools?
Lord, open my heart and calm my mind.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...