Ac-cen-tu-ate the Positive!

My mother-in-law was known for saying, no matter what the situation, "It's the best thing that could have happened." And, she seemed to make that statement, at what seemed to be, the most inappropriate times. I was always stunned as she repeated those words, when told of a car accident, or a broken marriage, or a lost job. Really? Was she crazy? How could those things be the "best thing that could have happened"?
As it turns out, she was right. Over the passing years, I have discovered that those folks, who have the ability to turn their misfortunes around and who are able to look at those same misfortunes as blessings, are really and truly winners at the game of life! And, those who refuse to let go of their problems and continue to dwell on the negative rarely get over their "oh, woe is me" persona. And, for them, things tend to never get any better.
How good are you at looking on the bright side of things? I know that I need to work, quite a bit, on my accent.

God is Good, all of the time. All of the time, God is Good.

Comments

Karen said…
Super reflection, Lady! Thank you.
Love, YMOOOOS

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be with you, Shortly.

"Ain't It Funny, how time slips away?"

Dos (As in the number two)