Thursday, January 17, 2019

Home on the Range

Because, as I have been told, Geography is no longer a subject taught in schools, few folks really know where Kansas City, is actually located. Most folks think that it is in Kansas. A smallish city, Kansas City, Kansas, is in fact, located in Kansas, but most of the city, is in Missouri. The entire Metropolitan Area consists of many small towns, in both states.
I live in Kansas City, Missouri, and have for most of my adult life, but I am a Kansan by birth. And, Kansas Day, is one of my favorite holidays. Three of our four children were born in Missouri. For that, I am extremely sorry.
Every January 29th, I don my very best University of Kansas sportswear and offer to sing my vast repertoire of Kansas Songs, for anyone who will listen. But alas, this being Missouri, only an elite few are interested.
Kansas and Missouri, are like oil and water. They do not mix.
But my songs are great.

Gracious and all knowing Lord, we spent a lot of time dwelling on our differences. And, I'm sure they don't amount to a hill of beans, to You. Show us how to focus on our similarities. We are all Your children.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Miss Sunflower from the Sunflower State---sing away! (I'm listening)
Love, YMOS

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...