Wednesday, July 25, 2018

There was a farmer had a dog and ........

You're just too serious, folks. Laugh a little more, or at least smile about something. Life is way too short for perpetual grumps, worrying and nay-sayers.
We've been having a bit of trouble with the Bingo players, at work. According to reports made by the staff, there have been incidents of bullying, name calling and a bit of pushing and shoving. Behavior similar to that which you would expect from ill-behaved 8 year olds. And likewise, the players themselves are complaining that the staff  isn't "fair" and they change the rules "all the time."
Well, I'm not allowed to help with Bingo, so I have no say in the matter. Several years ago, I was the designated "caller" at the daily Bingo games. It was such an unpleasant experience that I threatened to "slit my throat in front of the gamers," if I were asked to continue as caller!
I've mellowed a bit, due to forced disassociation with the game, but I would (if they would let me) tell both groups to chill out! Relax. It's a game. There is no "fight to the death" in Bingo. The stakes are only a quarter a card. Fortunes will not be won or lost here.
If playing the game is so upsetting, don't play and go find something else to do. If you like playing, then go ahead and play, but remember it is just a game. Life is full of good sports and bad sports, rule followers and rule breakers. Relax.
Maybe, just maybe, Bingo is a metaphor for life. We are here for such a short time. Enjoy it!

Dear Lord. You never promised us a BINGO. You have promised us your everlasting love and support. We can't win at everything in life. Grant us mercy and the strength to do your will.





No comments: