Thursday, June 21, 2018

Going Postal....again.

In the past few months, I have been faced with a new type of demand. Apparently, all delivery agents, in this fair country, have developed a new kind of phone APP, that allows folks to check on the delivery status of their on-line purchases. Well, on the surface, this seems like an excellent idea.
It's not. No, it's not. Lord Almighty, it's not!
Since this electronic light-bulb became readily accessible, my life has taken a whole new turn....for the worse! Residents, their children, their friends and even their lawyers are all demanding of me, the lowly concierge, "Where is my package?"
I look around, everywhere near the postal room. I look on my counter. I look on the counter at the main desk. I look under the counters. Often times, the package is nowhere to be found.
The residents, their children, friends and lawyers all respond, "Well, it says right here (as they menacingly wave their phones at me) the package was delivered today."
I try to explain, although they don't listen, that their APP is wrong. The package may have been delivered to the UPS, USPS, FedEx or Amazon dock, or it may be on a truck, somewhere between God only knows where, and here, but it is not here.
I am the bad guy. The phone isn't wrong, I am.
But, what do you know? In a couple of days, the package shows up. Life is good. Delivery time, like all time, is relative.

Great and all powerful Lord. Patience is a virtue, but patience is sometimes hard to come by. Teach us patience and mercy, for all of God's creatures. We know that we must wait upon the Lord, but show us how to wait on others.

No comments: