Thursday, May 31, 2018

Try it, you'll like it!.......

My husband and I both use electric toothbrushes. The twirling, pulsating brush does a great job cleaning our teeth. Our Dental Hygienist suggested it years ago, and we began using them. We like them, a lot.
Not so much, the water-pick appliance, that we recently purchased. For a change, I read the instructions. I really did. But, the first time I tried to use it, I nearly drowned. I loaded the machine, with water, and put the appliance in my mouth, just like the instructions read, BEFORE turning it on. But, somehow, after flipping the switch, I missed the part about opening my mouth, leaning over the sink, and letting the water run out.
My mouth filled up with water. I started choking. I pulled the appliance out of my mouth and the water started spraying everywhere.
Finally, I got the thing turned off, but not before the mirror and counter were dripping wet.
Not one to be defeated, I tried it again, several days later. This time, I must have tilted it wrong, or upside down or something, because it ran out of water. The tank was still full, but no water came out. It worked on one side of my mouth, but not the other.
I'm not giving up yet. In order to effectively use this appliance, I am going to have to learn a whole new set of skills.
Success is just around the corner. You know, "Practice makes perfect".

Dear Lord. We need Your help. New experiences are a challenge. But, how blessed we are to be able to experience change. We honor your name.



No comments: