Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Me, My, Mine!

Once, when one of sons confessed that he actually liked Cole Slaw, another of our boys announced that he had dangerously crossed over to the Dark Side. Now, I have to admit, that I have also made the leap.
I know, from my place of work, that Seniors are, as a rule, very territorial. They speak of MY parking space, MY yard, MY mailbox, MY this and that. Because, their lives have been downsized to an apartment in a communal build, they are very jealous of what they think they possess.
Well, the other day, a resident wandered behind MY desk and made an exorbitant number of copies on MY copier. Boy, was I peeved! Then another resident announced that she had been watering MY cactus plants, because she thought the dirt was dry. Cacti, folks! Egad!
Well, I just had to calm down.
That copier, just like the parking space, is something that I have the use of. I don't OWN it. The desk,  just like an apartment, is something that I am allowed to use. I don't own it.
Just stop and think about it. We are temporary residents of this planet. We need to remember that God is allowing us to live here. We need to appreciate our gifts and open our hearts and share. Sharing is  a wonderful thing.

Great Holy God. Thank you for our many blessings.

No comments: