Friday, April 27, 2018

Small Blessings are Huge

Today, a resident came to my desk and told me that she loved having a mail room available to the residents. She enjoys not having to go outside to pick up her mail. Her mail is always dry and she stays dry, too. She appreciates having a protected mail box, where she knows her deliveries are safe and monitored. Being able to mail letters and packages, without making a special trip to the Post Office, makes her happy.
Her comments made me even more happy! I was the happiest!
As I have written before, mail is a huge thing to the over 80 set. And, I can say with absolute certainty, that her comment was the first positive statement that I have ever heard about the mail delivery at our Retirement Community. Every item, that "my new best friend forever", mentioned about our mail room, is true. We offer a lot of great perks with our superbly managed mail room, but up until now, it has never been enough. In four and one half years, I have heard nothing but complaints!
Until today. What a blessing.

Dear God, Thank you for positive people. Many of us cannot count our blessings, because we are too busy complaining about what we don't have. Keep us focused on the Prize. You!

No comments: