Thursday, February 22, 2018

Slice of Life

Once in a blue moon, something brand new comes along and makes a real difference in our everyday lives. Think about the invention of the automobile or Marconi's invention of the wireless. Where would we be today without Edison's electric light or Bell's simple telephone? In the Dark Ages, perhaps, but certainly not in this current age of instant mass communication and effortless travel.
Well, just recently, I was gifted with such a life changer. I now own a Pineapple Corer/Cutter. It wasn't an expensive item, and apparently several versions of this nifty little thing are available for sale, both in store and on the web. But, I had never seen one, or knew that such a thing existed. I just bought into the idea that, although I love to eat fresh pineapple, I rarely purchased one, because they are so darned difficult to prepare. Way too much trouble, for the result.
Well, this little item, cores and slices the entire pineapple, in just one process. All you need to do is cut off the leafy end and stick the Cutter/Corer in the cut end, and twist. Voila! Perfectly sliced pineapple and a separate core are at your fingertips! No more "eyes" to dig out. No more uneven slices. Beautiful!
So there you go. I'm a happy camper.
No, my slicer/corer won't alter this world, in a huge way, but it has changed mine for the better.

Dear Lord. Help us to celebrate the little things in life.

No comments: