Saturday, September 23, 2017

Roundabouts Redux

When I started my current job, I blogged about a "new fangled traffic arrangement" called a round- about. Now, four years later, round-abouts are still confounding and frustrating nearly all of the folks who encounter them. Things have not gotten any better.
Since I last expounded on round-abouts, the State of Missouri has seen fit to configure these confusing traffic disbursements near every Senior Community, in my immediate area. I can count at least seven, within twenty minutes of my home.
The rules of engagement, regarding round-abouts are quite simple: 1) Follow the posted speed limit. 2) On coming traffic must yield to traffic already in the circle.
Within the last week, I have met, face to face, a motorcyclist, going the wrong way, around the roundabout. He looked petrified, by the way. And, I heard the story of a pedestrian getting lost while walking on the roundabout. ( Alert!!!!Pedestrians do not have to go in the same direction as the cars!)
Lord, help us!

Good God. We are a confused and demented society. Show us the way, in all that we do.

No comments: