Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mantra

My new mantra involves my legs, my arms, my brain and actually, my whole person.
Because, I do a lot of walking from apartment to apartment, all day long, I fear that I might possible wear myself out, one of these days.
Therefore, in order to save wear and tear on my body, I have vowed to "work smart".
So, after I clock in each morning, I say to myself, "work smart", as I pick up my keys, my appointment books and walk to my desk in one fell swoop. When I leave for the day, I try to remember to take my keys, my books, and my other stuff with me (making one trip), as I head to clock out.
If I need to step outside, I repeat my mantra, "work smart", and take my keys, my fob and my walkie talkie with me, before I head to the door.
My changed "manta life" has been going on for about three weeks now, and I cannot tell whether it is making a difference in my physical well-being or not.
However, repeating my mantra has kept me focused. I am forgetting fewer things and I believe I am saving some unnecessary steps.
I plan to be around a long, long time.

Dear God. I try to do your will. Keep me healthy. I need your help, dear Lord. I can't do life with out you.

No comments: