Saturday, December 31, 2016

Milestone

Every year, about this time, I think of the lyrics to the New Year's Favorite, "Auld Lang Syne"....but, then I forget about them, until next year.
The words "old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind", have always bothered me. For some reason, I believed that those words meant that you should forget the people that you were acquainted with (maybe for the past year, or maybe forever) and never think about them again. Well, I never liked that thought. The people that I meet and the friends that I hold dear, are very important to me.
So, I did a wee bit (it's a Scottish tune, ya know) of research, learned a lot and now, I feel much better.
The "acquaintance", in the song, refers to knowledge. In the Dictionary, it's the second choice of definition. We are cautioned, as the song goes, to forget the knowledge or worries, that we have accumulated in our mind, for the past year and Holy Moley.......Let It Go!
It's difficult, you know, to forgive and forget, but that's what a new year should be all about. So, let me tell you, I for one, am moving on. It's going to be a super new year, full of many, many blessings.
Happy New Year.

This, BTW, is my 400th Post on Nansense. I have been blessed
Thank you.

1 comment:

Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a Fantastic Number of Posts, but, we are the ones who have been blessed to be able to share your thoughts, humor, and wisdom through them all! Many Thanks!
Keep it up!
Faithful Follower