Monday, July 25, 2016

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal............

I just got a phone call from Donald Trump, and I'm sure he had something important to say, but I hung up on him after a few seconds. Hillary Clinton appears, scowling, on the right side of my email inbox, each and every time I log in. She keeps asking me to follow her and contribute to her campaign, and I haven't. Once she even asked me to have dinner with her....for a price, of course. Bernie Sanders pops up occasionally, when I switch on a couple of the games I regularly play. And well, Facebook has had an assortment of candidates whining and pleading for my support from almost every page I open.
Enough already.
I am not going to make up my mind to vote for or against any candidate, for public office, by listening to a "sound bite" or watching a derogatory ad.
As Officer Friday said, "Give me the facts.....just the facts." I'll make an informed decision after I use my God given mind to rationally decipher what I find to be the truth, from all of the verbose garbage I see, read and hear.

God give me wisdom to know the truth. Grant me the patience to listen to those who insist on telling me their political views. Allow me to behave in a rational manner, even if I disagree with them all. Teach me tolerance. Show me how to exhibit mercy. Keep me calm.



No comments: