Saturday, June 4, 2016

Lord, save me from myself!

Spoiler Alert! I am a Senior Citizen attempting to use the Internet.
Back when it was cool to take "typing" in high school, I took it and got an A. (Not an A+, but a regular A.) I was really pretty good at "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party." Over the years, I have taught classes in keyboarding, Office and Word.
My spouse and I were a couple who bought a computer for family use, before we knew what the Internet was or how to connect to it. That was years ago.
So, don't call me  Missy Tech-no-nothing. I do Social Media. I email. I process, make labels and create cards.
But, yesterday, when I received a bizarre multi color notice on the lower right corner of my monitor, I was puzzled. What did the message mean?
"My logmein was not connected." OMGoodness!
My first thought was. I have been hacked. And, to top it all off , it must be someone or something from China. That rascal!
Then......Maybe it had something to do with food.  Chow Mein, you know! Maybe I was been stalked by a Chinese Restaurant!
I'd never had a message like this before. What had I done wrong? What button had I pushed, to cause this message?
Then, I ran over to my much younger work colleague. "Kaycee!" I pleaded. "Help me. What have I done? My logmein isn't connected."

"That would be Log Me In," she replied patiently. "Just hit the X in the corner. It will go away."

Oh, Lord. Save us from ourselves. We are so in need of your help and protection. We cannot do life without you. Asking for Your help and the help of others is a very good thing.


1 comment:

Kaycee said...

I've got your back, Nanners! Don't you worry! :)