Saturday, April 16, 2016

Attitude rocks!

Not long ago. I wrote a piece about worry. I told about two famous non-worriers, Alfred E. Newman and Jesus Christ. They both had the right idea. Worry is a useless activity. It accomplishes nothing. Don't do it!
Now, I am going to expound on attitude. Stuff happens. Listen up folks! Not everything, that happens in life, is wonderful, rosy, grand and glorious. Surprise, surprise.
I challenge you to think of a recent day when something bad didn't happen to you. How did you deal with your misfortune? Did the badness suck you in? Did it ruin your day? Your week? Your life?
Or, did you accept the bad and look for the good in the situation? Did you look on the bright side and ask for God's help with solving your problem? Did you make the best of it?
It is our choice, you know. It's that old "glass half-full or half-empty" scenario.
This weekend, I received to very powerful statements of Positive Attitude. I was given two mugs by two long time friends. One had the phrase "tell me something good" written on it. It made me contemplate the terrible truth, that we often tell each other about about something bad.
The other mug was a paraphrase of the WWII British Motto, "Keep Calm and Carry On". This mug said "Keep Calm and Sparkle On".

I am going to try...really try.... to keep a positive attitude. I promise to tell something good and Sparkle while I'm doing it.

Great and Power God,
Remind me that you are always with me. My life isn't bad. I have many, many blessings. I have Faith and I have really good friends. I am so blessed. Thanks a bunch, God.

No comments: