Sunday, July 12, 2015

Tenemos Esperanza!

When I agreed to be a study leader at a United Methodist Womens event this summer, I had a lot of confidence in myself. Now that the event is approaching, I am having second, third and maybe even fourth thoughts about my ability to do the task. The class that I am leading is centered around Latin America.
Number one doubt: I know next to nothing about the topic. For sure I have read a half dozen books, watched several videos and practiced my "three year old's knowledge of Spanish", but I still know very little about Latin America. Yo estupido.
Number two doubt: The subject is so vast, it is overwhelming to me.There is just so much to cover. a dozen countries, for gosh sakes.
Number three doubt: I'm having a hard time focusing on life, let alone a class about something I'm already confused about.
And....so on.
So, today (a week and a half out from the beginning of the class) I really began in earnest, trying to get a handle on the subject.
God and I had a heart to heart talk about me and Latin America. In order to make it work, I am going to concentrate on what I know and not  on what I don't know. I'm pretty good at lesson plans. I can entertain folks, and I can engage others in duscussion about mission. I can throw in a couple of art projects and I can distribute maps. Ta Da!
God is there when we need Her.

God Almighty. Thank you for your help. You are always there when we need you. Be with me this day and every day of my life. I honor your name.


No comments: