Saturday, July 5, 2014

Two to Tango

We have two golden anniversary events coming up. One, I am very excited about attending and the other one not so much.
The planners of one of the anniversary events are very concerned about not highlighting anything from the past. They have expressed concern that they don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt because they weren't popular or successful ....way back when. And, they have decided against recognizing much of anything that has happened in the last fifty years, that we are supposedly celebrating. No honors, no congratulations on a life well lived, no high fives on jobs well done. That, in my opinion, doesn't leave much to celebrate.
Don't get me wrong. I'm going to this reunion, and I will participate, but frankly, I'm not looking forward to it.
The planners of the second reunion, are going all out. They are inviting folks to come and celebrate lives well lived and to toast to an exciting future. The celebration will include old and new friends.
I can't wait to join in.
In both cases, we will acknowledge a long span of time. Fifty years is almost a lifetime. Over fifty years there have been good times and bad. That's life folks! We have become who and what we are, thanks to the many events, good and bad, that have shaped our lives.
I'll drink to that!

Great Lord. I am so thankful to be alive. Life is a journey, and I am so thrilled to be on the road. You steadfast love endures forever. Thank you for showing, to each and every one of us, your care and mercy.

No comments: