Thursday, November 7, 2013

But............

As the self-designated chief of my neighborhood Fashion Police Force, I have been observing a frightening fashion trend this Fall. I've kept my mouth and my poison pen silent until now, but I can't stand it any longer. I'm blowing my whistle!
 Perhaps you have noticed what I call, to use the most polite terms possible, the "Sequins on the South End Syndrome". This new trend can be observed anywhere at anytime. It's a sight that is appearing more and more often, from formal gatherings, to casual dining at your local barbecue joint. And, by my standards, it is not a pretty sight.
Young women under the age of 14, might possibly get away with wearing faux diamonds on their bottoms, but any woman older and broader than your average skinny pre-teen should not be doing it.
Glitz and glitter are not pretty on a size 16 rear end. Silver studs strewn across a woman's broadest area is grossly unattractive.
Yesterday, I saw a broad-beamed woman, with two matching shiny Gothic crosses on her jean's back pockets. Is that some type of pro-religious or anti-religious statement? Holy Bling!
This new trend possibly rivals the "Too Tiny Tops Trend" of several years ago, when women were wearing midriff bearing shirts along with low-riding pants. Muffin tops are a gourmet treat, not a fashion statement. That was an equally disturbing era.
We women are slaves to Dame Fashion. Too many of us will wear anything, attractive or not, if we think we are in style.

Good Lord. We are such goofy creatures. We are vain. We are oblivious to the truly wonderful things in lives. Our attempts at glorifying ourselves are pathetic and silly.
Help us to focus on others instead of ourselves. There is so much for us to do, to glorify your Name.
Help us to realize that we shine outward from our hearts, as we work to do your will.





No comments: