Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

I am imagining the headlines now......"Old Lady Attends Her First Rock Concert". Yes, by golly, I did. My longtime "Desperado", Jeanmarie, and I went to the largest indoor venue "In The City", last Wednesday night, to see the Eagles.
Everyone knows some of the songs that the Eagles have done.They are not the "New Kid in Town". This band has been around since the late nineteen-sixties. I've been told that they are one of the top-ten best bands of all time. And, after attending the concert, I certainly believe it.
Jeanmarie and I had a chance to "Take it to the Limit". We had a super time. As "Pretty Maids All in a Row", we were perched two rows from the top of the arena, and if there hadn't been a roof on the Sprint Center, we could have stayed to see a "Tequila Sunrise".
This "Witchy Woman" has now heard live Rock, Jazz, Zydeco, Classical (including Russian Liturgy), Pop and Country. "Life's been Good" in "The Long Run".

Great God: Sometimes it is good to step out of our comfort zone. We know that you have given us life in order to experience whatever we can. Life can be so full. Keep us ever mindful of your omnipotence and your omnipresence. We are your servants.

No comments: