Saturday, June 30, 2012

Batty

You've heard of bats in the belfry, but have you ever heard of bats in the bedroom? According to my friend, most of the homes in her quaint and charming, center-city neighborhood, are infested with bats. These bats live in the attics, and they normally don't bother anyone. However, when the temperature soars to 100 and above, the bats, in my friend's house, slither down into her bedroom, via "the bat (attic) door", and hang around.....yeah, hang around in her bedroom.
She has learned to deal with the issue, by sealing "the bat door" with masking tape, preventing the bats from entering the bedroom. She says the bat invasion is quite common, so she and her neighbors have just learned to cope with the annoyance.
Believe me, it would only happen to me once. Not much scares me these days, but OMGolly, bats, spiders and snakes are my monsters. Bats in my bedroom. I would be scared spitless. Call the exterminator or the moving van.

Gracious Lord; We all have our fears. Help us to put them aside and seek your protection.Your wisdom, guidance and providing spirit is with us at all times.
No mattter how dark and scary our lives seem to be, You are our Shepherd and Savior.

No comments: