Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Watch it!

My morning commute takes me, not out on the freeway, but straight into the heart of the city on a major North/South street. This path gives me relatively speedy access to my destination in the inner city, but I do have to stop frequently.
My solitary commute, with its numerous stops, allows me to observe fellow travelers in their vehicles, and I am convinced that when we drive alone, we assume that we are invisable to everyone else on the road.
This morning I witnessed the following: three drivers eating; two women applying make-up; three folks on the phone; one guy getting dressed (or maybe undressed); and two people nose mining. Each driver was oblivious to anyone else on the road. OMGolly, why is that? Don't we realize that a car is essentially a glass box and not our own private world? TMI, people!
Don't do anything in your car that your mama would scold you about!!!!!!

All knowing and all seeing God, we know that we are never truly alone. You are always there with us...watching, guiding and loving. May we never forget that you are our constant co-pilot on our life commute.
Remind us to always think of others and to follow the path that you have shown us, through your example and Word.

No comments: