Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"These boots were made for........"

Yesterday, I tried to drive home from my work just a little bit earlier than usual. Bad move. The traffic around the grade school, 2 blocks from my home, was so thick that I could hardly make it down the street. The cars were parked, behind the buses, ready for dismissal time, and the daily pick-up of students.
In today's society, our kids do not walk to and from school. Everyone of the little darlings need to be carted, to and from the neighborhood school, by their moms, dads, or grandparents. Why?????
Yesterday, it was sunny and 78 degrees at 3:45 p.m. It was a perfect day to let kids walk home. What's the deal???? Those kids need the exercise.
In another time, my kids walked to and from that same school, rain or shine. I figured the rain would clean them off! And, I never worried about someone abducting them. Who would want the little buggers?
I know, that we need to be more cautious these days. But, I think we should work on teaching our kids how to watch out for strangers and how to cope with abduction issues, instead of over-protecting them.

Good God: We know that it is not a perfect world, because we have made some pretty awful choices. There are dangers out there. Not everyone knows of your steadfast love. We must be aware and cautious. But, help us to temper our vigilance with FAITH. Your "goodness and mercy shall last all of the days of our lives". We glorify your name.

No comments: