Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Go Where You Wanna Go"

I have always loved my children. And, about 90% of the time, I have actually liked them. As in all families, however, there have been occasional times of strife and discord, when the strong minds and wills of parents and children have collided. Thankfully, those times in this growing family which started out as two teenagers and now numbers 14 (with two more on the way), have been few and far between.
Today, is our daughter's birthday anniversary. At age 5, she wrote me a note to complain about my choice of clothes for her on a particular day at kindergarten. In her teen years, we disagreed on prom dresses, hairdos, designer jeans and a host of other trivial matters.
But, in spite of my poor choices, she has become a beautiful, intelligent woman with an equally beautiful, intelligent family. She has become a great mom, loving wife and brilliant in her chosen career.

Happy birthday, Amy. I love you.

Good Lord. Your steadfast love of your children is abundant and never ending. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to love our children in the same way that you love us. What a beautiful
lesson.
Help us to lead, guide and learn from our children, forever. Watch over all of us.

No comments: