Thursday, November 10, 2011

In The Eye of the Beholder

Photographic images can be deceiving. Every photo, taken of me recently, portrays someone who doesn't resemble the image I have of myself.
Once, perhaps not so long ago, I was a young woman. My hair was dark. I could see without wearing bifocals. My face was unlined. I was actually five foot three. That remains the image I have of myself. But, when I view a current picture of myself.........well, I see someone quite different.
This week, I needed to mail off a recent photo of myself and I just couldn't choose one that I could live with. Every one I found was a photograph of some little old lady!
So, I asked my husband to choose one. I know that our 40 plus years together makes him extremely biased in his view of me, but he understands my issues. I trust him to make me look as good as I possibly can.

"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7 NIV)
Praise the Lord.

No comments: