Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

During the past two weeks, I've been on the road. Della Lamb(my 2 foot high papier mache traveling companion)and I have driven all the way out to Hutchinson, Kansas, then to Springfield, Missouri, and then down to Leawood, Kansas.
As we traveled, we found that most mid western folks were very friendly and all but a very few were willing to listen to my spiel about our urban mission here in the heart of Kansas City. Of course, when you greet people with "say hi to my friend Della" and then lead them to a cotton-ball covered statue, it does have a tendency to break the ice or should I say, soften the message!
But, I'm tired. Last night, I slept in my own bed. I fell asleep quickly. Didn't even have to count......you know what. It was great.
Dorothy Gale was right. "There's no place like home."

Lord. I'm so thankful to be home. I'm thankful that I have a home. My prayers go out to those who are searching for a home or need a home. Help all of us remember that we have a safe place with You.

No comments: