Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A rose by any other name....

Well, I thought I was pretty clever using the title, "Nancy's Notes" for this blog. Wrong! Besides the fact that the other, more famous Northlander, Nancy Kincaid, has a newsletter by that name, there is even a book by that title (yet another Nancy Kincaid is the author). For all I know, there is probably an obscene novel out there with the same title! I had to make the change. What if I ever became the really famous Nancy Kincaid. How would anyone keep us all straight? What about the royalties?

To steal a line from my all time favorite flick,"The Three Amigos", I actually like to think of myself as the INFAMOUS Nancy K. Kincaid. That's MORE than famous, for those of you who may not have memorized the dialogue from that classic movie.

So, this blog is now titled "Nancy Writes". Not an alliteration, but certainly descriptive. My friend Sue has a notebook in which she keeps copies of my essays. Besides being a good friend, she encourages me to keep writing. She's a fan.

God is like that. We are all worthy in His sight. He appreciates our talents and He loves me whether I am famous or infamous.

Lord God. Life takes many turns. We have our ups and downs. Whatever happens in our lives, we should know that YOU will be there for us. YOU will never abandon us.
Help us to see the wisdom in YOUR guidance. Watch over us.

2 comments:

Dave said...

You should try being a David James. Sometimes I feel like a John Smith...there are way too many of me!

Unknown said...

Are you referring to out mutual friend, Sue S? I am a fan of yours also.